The ASCEND program is built to leave you inspired and equipped with new tools, techniques, and ideas you can apply right away.
The program is a three-tiered system. Starting from the 10,000-foot view (or perhaps we should say, “the 100 km view”), the Mega and Macro sessions begin by posing the big questions about the future of space. Meta sessions then narrow the focus to identify the greatest opportunities and challenges of answering those questions and Micro sessions drill down further, generating practical and actionable discussions.
Make sure to utilize the search and filter functions. Under the “Topics” filter, you can see the guiding topics that shaped the program, as well as persona tags. Persona tags offer a proposed journey through the program based on career level or experience in the space ecosystem.
- Building the Future: Engineers well into their careers who are interested in tools and technology and who look for knowledge to be applicable now, not just abstract theories for the future
- Connected to Commerce: Business leaders with a deep understanding of industry whose primary goal is to make connections so the right people are together when things need to get done
- Driven to Discover: Academics who are diverse in region and discipline and looking for deep dives into science, technology, and research
- Navigating the Climb: Rising leaders who want to learn all there is to learn and meet all the people there are to meet
- Guardians for Life: Experienced leaders who seek to share their knowledge, help others make connections, and guide the next generation
- Public Access: For the science-interested public, select sessions will be made available free of charge
If you feel you fit into one of these ‘personas’ or want to check out a certain topic, filter for that option and see how you can start making your ASCEND journey!
Note, ASCEND registrants are able to log-in and save sessions to an exportable schedule.